Monday, May 12, 2008

Just came back from a job interview..

It was unlike any other interviews ive been to before.


It was an administrative job from a law firm.
I did a typing test, which i thought it was extinct long ago.


But i did.


And for the second round, i went into the room just to have a little "chat" with the interviewer, which is probably the boss himself.



Instead of asking me about my strength and weakness, he asked me things like, how was the cross country in my secondary school like (i merely include it in my resume), and what do i do in my free time. I mentioned that i blog and he wanted me to give him my address, which i did.


After a few personal and redundant questions, he asked me, what is your strength?


I said i am hardworking, bla bla.


And he said, " What makes you think that you are hardworking? I give you 2 minutes to answer this question"

Me: "Yes i am.. bla bla bla"

Him, " What makes you think that you are really hardworking?"

Me: " What makes you think that i am not?"

And that's when he flipped through my application form... "well.. because of your grades.. but judging by the way you speak, not as stupid as i thought."



Not as stupid as he thought?


Those words are like a dagger, stabbing my heart over and over again.


He continue to tell me bull****, like asking me if i am faithful to relationships.. that i seem like that kinda person who goes clubbing all the time..



After the interview, i thanked him and went off. Bao hua was waiting for me for bout half an hour, and i didnt want to show him how bad i felt. After he sent me to the bus stop, i kept thinking about it and i cried all the way from Clarke Quay to SengKang.




Since i am from ITE, does that mean that i am stupid?

Does that mean that I am a cheenah girl who idolise chinese Pop stars all the time?

Does that mean that I am an ah lian who does not how to speak english?

Does that mean that i have got no class?

Does that mean that i go clubbing every night?



Does that mean that i deserve to be mocked, or be ridiculed? Does that mean that i deserved to be humiliated like that? Yes, i am from ITE, and i am a human too.


Should i be condemned for the rest of my life just because i did not realise the importance of studying hard a few years ago?


Should i be condemned for the rest of my life just because ive got no money to get a private diploma?



And to think about how people reacted when i tell them i am from ITE, it hurts more... i dont need anybody's sympathy. It is not the end.


And when i think about how people dislike me and judge me, went to my blog and diss me, just because i am from ITE, tears kept rolling down my cheeks.


And those were tears of anger. Those were tears of hatred. Those were tears of impatience.. because i cant wait.. I cant wait to prove them wrong, and i will.



One day i am going to climb my way up to the top of the social ladder, and i am going to tell the whole world that i am from ITE.





Run, rabbit, run


Some days I just wanna up and call it quits,
I feel like I'm surrounded by a wall of bricks,



Every time I go to get up I just fall in piss,
My life's like one great big ball of shit,




If I could just put it all in to all my spit,
Instead of always tryin to swallow it,
Instead of staring at this wall and shit,



This is it, last straw, that's all, that's it,
I aint dealing with another fucking politic.




You think all I do is stand here and feel my nuts,
But I'm a show you, what, you gon' feel my rush,
You don't feel it then it must be too real to touch




Yeah sit up, I will tell you who I be,
I will make you hate me cause you aint me,
You aint, it aint to late to finally see,
What you close minded fucks were too blind to see,



Whoever finds me, is gonna get a finders fee,
Out this world, aint no one out their mind as me,





You need peace of mind, well here's a piece of mind
All I need's a line but sometimes,
I don't always find the words to rhyme,
To express how I'm really feeling at that time,



I'll be back baby I just got to beat this clock,
Fuck this clock, I will make them eat this watch,
Don't believe me watch, I will win this race,





And I will come back and rub my shit in your face,
Bitch, I found my niche, you gonna hear my voice,
Till you sick of it you aint gonna have a choice,
If I gotta scream till I have half a lung,
If I have half a chance I'll grab it,
rabbit run... -Eminem





No comments: